Establishing Clarity and Direction
Administrators frequently engage school staff in developing a school’s vision, goals, strategies, timeline and measurements to create organizational clarity and purpose.
- Admin uses the start of the year to establish the culture and processes of collective responsibility with staff
- Admin collaboratively develops and effectively communicates a clear strategic school plan with staff detailing school goals, strategies, timeline and assessment as informed by data
- Admin develop a process with staff to review the school plan in the spring and at start up (or more often) using relevant data
- Admin facilitates alignment of school goals with division goals/directions
- Admin within a community meet and collaborate to connect and create a seamless K to 12 experience for the community’s students and establish clarity and direction within the community.
- Admin sets the path for established direction, goals, practices and processes to become institutionalized within the school.
Note – Use of the Road Map and School Planning Template as attachments in the model, as well as the School Education Planning Criteria