Responding to ALL Student Needs
Administration develops processes and routines to understand and respond to all students socially, emotionally and academically.
- Admin builds and leads collective responsibility of staff through school-wide processes that reflect frequently on students’ social, emotional and academic needs leading to development of actions of support with key staff identified to connect with students
- Admin establishes the use of tracking tools so that staff and admin can monitor and respond to student progress in essential outcomes using the continuum of supports (green, yellow, red)
- Admin is highly visible to students and engaged in connecting with them on personal levels
- Admin connects with students and student ‘voice’ to understand how the learning environments are engaging and supporting students’ needs (examples – classroom visits, surveys, focus groups, student advisory team)
- Admin facilitates the school’s use of universal screens for data to plan next steps for students
- Admin keeps the focus of any flexible learning time on student need